As the prime mechanical and design-build contractor on this controls infrastructure extension project, EMCOR Services Northeast (ES Northeast) provided numerous value-added benefits.
- We helped the client reduce fan energy consumption by 62 percent and achieve annual energy savings of 315,846 kilowatt hours—which equated to $45,387.
- We also were able to complete additional improvements under the original project budget with the $94,754 they earned in Mass Save® incentives.
- Completing all work without disruption to facility operations, we provided installation and engineering modifications that improved flexibility and comfort control for the building’s air-side systems.
- Additionally, visibility and trending improved significantly, which helped support development and approval for future projects.
The client needed a comprehensive retrofit of the air handling system controls for their 600,000 square foot manufacturing area.
Our non-proprietary controls and electrical installation included:
- 21 custom built control panels
- Customized graphics
- Energy efficient sequences of operation
- Clearly labeled panels and system drawings
- Loop tuning to continually improve system performance
The client is a global manufacturer in the Boston, Massachusetts area for whom ES Northeast has completed multiple projects.